How to get to Turin
- By plane: The nearest airport is Turin Caselle, from there you can take a direct bus to the city centre (which takes about 45min).
More (international/economic) flights arrive at the airports of Milan: Malpensa, Linate and Orio al Serio (ordered by distance from Turin). From Malpensa and Orio al Serio, there is a direct bus service. From Linate you can take a bus that takes you to the central station of Milan, and from there take a train or bus to Turin.
- By train: check the web page of Trenitalia or Italo.
How to get to the University
All lectures will take place in the Aula A (ground floor) at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Torino, at Palazzo Campana, via Carlo Alberto 10, see the map. To reach the department from
- the railway station Porta Nuova: 20 minutes on foot, see the map;
- the railway station of Porta Susa: by buses number 13, 56 till Piazza Castello and then on foot, it takes around 15 minutes, see the map;
- Piazza Castello: 5-6 minutes on foot, see the map.
For the public transportation in Turin, you can have a look at this web page.
Where to stay
We made some arrangement with two hotels in the city centre:
- Hotel Gran Mogol near Porta Nuova: There are about 10 rooms reserved until April 15. The prices are 64 € for a single, 74 € for single deluxe and 94 € for a double room. To book a room, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "School in Deformation". The speaker will stay in this hotel.
- Hotel Diplomatic near Porta Susa: Here the prices are 69 € for a single, 79 € for single deluxe and 94 € for a double room, available until the hotel is fully booked. For booking write an email to email@example.com, mentioning "School in Deformation" in the subject.
- Hotel Bologna near Porta Nuova: There are some single rooms for 57 €. For booking write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "School in Deformation theory".
Additionally there is a visitor's tax in Torino, which is 2.80 € per night.
Where to eat
There are plenty of restaurants and cafés and bistros in the city centre. Here we recommend some places near the math department at the school.
- Restaurants: Dual Ristorante Pizzeria, Kirkukkaffe, Raor Roads, Taverna Libraria.
- Bistros: Exky, Focacceria Lagrange, Focacceria tipica ligure, Officine panino, Tommy Tegamino, Zamy .
See the map.
The social dinner will take place on Friday evening at 7.30 pm at Antica Bruschetteria Pautasso, in Piazza Emanuele Filiberto, 4, 10122 Torino, see the map. There will be a complete menu including water and wine, which will cost about 25 €.